This service is currently in public beta
This website is currently in the private beta stage. This accessibility statement will be reviewed and, if necessary, updated with every release of new functionality.
This accessibility statement applies to occupational-maps.instituteforapprenticeships.org
This website is run by The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without losing content or needing to scroll horizontally
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- skip to main content option available
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand and included a glossary of terms for identifying specific definitions.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the occupational maps demonstrate levels of occupation, and map the progression routes between these, therefore a two-dimensional layout and scrolling is required.
- due to the nature of the content in some areas the reading level required may be more advanced than the lower secondary education level, we have provided a glossary to assist with this.
- When using a screenreader, to access the glossary via a tooltip, the user should use ctrl and enter or ctrl and space.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: [email protected]
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: [email protected]
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non Accessible Content
1.4.5 Images of Text: A diagram has been used on the guidance pages to explain how the products align with occupational standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We plan to improve accessibility in the following ways:
- we will ensure content editors are aware of the accessibility criterion and best practice
- any new page templates are built accessible first and tested before deployment
- Aria mark-up is being continually improved across the site.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29th March 2023 and this website was last tested on 9th June 2023. The test was carried out by PDMS.
We used the approach of focusing on the key content areas of the website.
This included the homepage, route maps, guidance pages, log in screen and a selection of web content from other sections of the website.
We used a combination of the following tools and techniques to test:
- Manual testing